The vision of our high school program it to be the catalyst for making service and community engagement a part of every student’s life while teaching essential skills that will help in getting them job or college ready.
In Summer of 2017 Volunteer Houston and Coca-Cola are launching a pilot program to engage high school students aged 14 – 18. The goal of the program is to provide summer internship opportunities for individual achievement, future employment opportunities, and college and career success, particularly for low-income students who lose access to critical supports that keep them safe, healthy and engaged during the school year.
About the program:
20 jobs created through summer internship opportunities at Houston area nonprofits
20 summer internships available for at-risk high school students
Increase high school student awareness of career opportunities available in the nonprofit sector
Increase percent of community with access to care provided by nonprofits
Increase number of well trained individuals entering the workforce
High School Students Must Complete the Following
- Service Works Online Registration (Click Here)
- Volunteer Houston’s 2017 Summer High School Intern Program Initial Application (Click Here)
Complete Both the Registration and Application and we will work with agencies on potential placement of the candidate. Please note not all applicants will be placed.
This Year’s Participating Agencies:
- Houston Community ToolBank
- Combined Arms
- Child Advocates, Inc.
- St. Anne School Foundation of Houston
- Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston
- Music Doing Good in Schools
- The River Performing and Visual Arts Center
- SER-Jobs for Progress of the Texas Gulf Coast, Inc.
- Houston Bike Share, aka Houston B-cycle
- Executive Service Corps of Houston
- The Center
- Blue Triangle Community Center
- Communities In Schools of Houston
- CYCLE: Changing Young Children’s Lives through Education
- Urban Harvest, Inc.
- Elliott-Chandler Foundation
- Kids Meals