HIVE (Houstonians Inspiring Volunteer Engagement) is a group of young professionals who are passionate about volunteering their time to raise money and awareness for Volunteer Houston initiatives. HIVE plans happy hours, leads volunteer projects, and connects with other community-driven young professionals to help the nonprofits and volunteers that Volunteer Houston serves. In exchange, they are given the unique opportunity to network with influential corporate philanthropists and community leaders and will be given opportunities to grow their leadership skills.
To effectively engage young professionals in resource development, volunteering, and networking opportunities to serve Houston nonprofits and communities.
REASONS TO JOIN
- Support over 1,000 nonprofit organizations with volunteer needs
- Promote volunteerism and community service in the Greater Houston area
- Plan volunteer projects
- Network and socialize with other Young Professionals at HIVE events
- A Volunteer Houston t-shirt and baseball cap
- Day of Service for National Volunteer Week: April 10-16, 2016
- Greater Houston Service Awards: May 13, 2016
- Volunteer Fair
- Huddle Up for St. Nick
- A Visit from St. Nick
- An annual $100 donation to show commitment to program and $400 in fundraising raised annually plus fundraising at the Huddle Up for St. Nick event
- Create a volunteer profile and respond to the HIVE volunteer need
- Commit to a year of service, volunteer a minimum of 25 hours/year, and attend 5 HIVE member meetings
- Quarterly networking happy hours with other members and their guests across a number of industries in Houston
- Support Volunteer Houston initiatives
- Leadership opportunities as Team Leaders or Site Captains with our annual events such as A Visit from St. Nick
To become a member please click here to make your $100 donation. (make a note that it is for the Young Professionals)
Follow HIVE on Facebook.