Our mission is to connect passionate individuals, groups, and companies with non-profit agencies to transform the Greater Houston community through volunteerism.
- Be connected to our volunteers and partners to meet the ever-changing needs of the community.
- Engage our volunteers’ passion for acting in service of others in the community.
- Empower non-profit agencies to do more through volunteers.
- Build a diverse community of volunteers reflective of Greater Houston.
- Drive civic engagement through active participation in the community.
Since its inception in 1974, Volunteer Houston has been on of the city’s main referral services connecting people and agencies in volunteer efforts throughout the Greater Houston area. In October 2017, Volunteer Houston became a program of Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston (a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Charitable Institution) and proud affiliate of Points of Light. We are grateful to John P. McGovern Foundation for their generous support of Volunteer Houston.
Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston (IM) brings people of diverse faiths backgrounds together for dialogue, collaboration, and service, as a demonstration of our shared beliefs. IM manifests the strength of shared beliefs through four areas of service to the greater Houston community:
- Meals on Wheels
- Refugee Services
- Interfaith Relations and Community Partnerships
- Volunteer Houston
Points of Light is the world’s largest organization dedicated to volunteer service. They mobilize millions of people to take action that is changing the world through affiliates in 250 cities across 37 countries and partnerships with thousands of non-profits and corporations. Points of Light engages 5 million volunteers in 20 million hours of service each year.